Thursday, April 24, 2008

PLN 14

I found an interesting article in 'Drape's Takes' called "Becoming a Better Teacher" by Darren. The summary of this article put out a message of many points of failures of the teaching styles of teachers.

Here was my reaction to this post:

"Being a student, I would have to agree with almost every detail you pointed out in this blog. Many of my teachers go into the same, old routine each and every day. I admit, this very much bores me. I don't think a student will be ready to learn with a single thought of enthusiasm as this regular teaching style keeps up. Many details, even the slightest ones, affect students. The way the environment of a classroom feels, the personality of a teacher, the type of work, the seating arrangements, and the amount of shown care a teacher gives kicks into the effect of school. Being able to have a teacher that breaks down their teachings to a minimal amount each day, gives me the opportunity to engage and wanting to learn more. I would want to have the excitement in comprehending new things, as wanting to hear the enthusiasm in a teacher's voice doing what I hope they love; teach. This is a very inspirational post to those teachers who feel lost in their teaching path and career. And it is a great way to inform teachers or adults of the emptiness they have been wondering about."

No comments: