Tuesday, May 13, 2008

PLN 19- Learning to Change a Video

I read a post in the Thinking Stick by Jeff Utecht titled "Learning to Change a Video". I watched this video and found it very interesting. It talked about making our generation of learning improve, while it deals with the new technology and student uses. Each message included great ideas of our community and learning network.

Here was my reaction:
"As a student, I very much enjoyed and liked this video as soon as I hit the play button. I agreed with each of those messages and is something I certainly can relate to. In this generation, everything outside of the boundaries of school collides with learning. As technology advances, myspace and facebooks increase, number of texting and cell phones are used, everything is a essential tool of learning. The astonishing thing is, not only do we learn at school, but outside in the real world as we grow throughout the years. Little details of this century will pertain to our learning network and create who we are as a person. It is ironic that the knowledge students know the most about is supposedly shut off from school. I believe this knowledge should not be put aside, but may be helpful to us in the near future. There are many subjects we learn about in school, but seems like some may not apply to us in the future. Yet we have no idea what the future holds in our education. In college, we will learn with the aspects of creativity and opportunities. Doors will open to the real world and this generation's content of knowledge will be applicable and useful."

No comments: