Saturday, December 8, 2007

PLN 25- Christmas light attitudes can be illuminating

I had been looking through many articles when one caught my eye, called Christmas light attitudes can be illuminating by Marni Jameson. This article is about woman complaining about one thing of their conversation of christmas lights-their husbands. The three complaints are: the husbands who will not put up outdoor lights, ones who go over the top with them, and ones who put them up terribly. The first category is about one husband, Dan who refuses to put up lights and rather would watch football.
"I oppose any life-risking behavior on principle."
The second category is about the husbands who do a lousy job, and make all the lights all crooked.
"You can always tell a house that has lights done professionally," one lady
laments. "They're straight — unlike ours."
The last category talks about a husband who could not find light at a store, and chose to take white outdoor lights and spray paint them half red and half green.
"Hey, what's with these lights?" Jo Ann's son asked.

I thought this was a particularly amusing blog. Every family has their own different ways of putting up christmas lights, or may not even choose to do so. I think that people either complain about them or go for it. This relates to me because my dad put up a lot of lights just in one day; there are many different decorations all around our house. And he pretty much spent the whole day doing this. I think christmas lights are very pretty and can get everyone in the christmas mood and spirit.

No comments: