Tuesday, September 25, 2007

PLN 5- Is Payment for Good Grades Legitimate Motivation in This Day and Age?

I have recently read an article called Is Payment for Good Grades Legitimate Motivation in This Day and Age? This article is about the motivation that drives kids today in school. They talk about whether or not paying kids for good grades is good motivation to them. Students today aren't pushed enough to work hard and tends to be easy for them to slack off or give up at any point. Motivation would be very helpful to help kids to work hard at school and push them harder. The adults are making an effort to motivate kids, not only in school but in anything else.

This matters to me because sometimes I know I really need motivation to try and keep up my grades, sometimes I want to slack off but I know that dosen't do anything for me. Being paid would be a good motivation, but I still try hard even when I don't get money because I know that its worth it now and will definitely help later on in life. Getting good grades is essential to me, my parents tend to give me a push once in awhile.

In the world, kids try to take the easy way out and not try at all in school. It is important to do well now because it helps later on in life. If we don't try hard now, it makes a mark in our lives because we wouldn't get into a good college, then we won't be able to get a job; this highly affects our future.
"In this day and age, we need to prove TO kids that the work they are asked
to do 'today' actually has a recognizable relationship to the life they are
actually living and experiencing 'today'."

No comments: