Friday, November 9, 2007

PLN 18- Supplementing My Kids' Education

I was browsing through Weblogg-ed, and one in particular caught my eye. This blog I read was called Supplementing My Kids' Education. In this post, it is about all the useful supplies in school, not being taken good advantage of. These supplies include technology such as computers. Many classrooms don't ever use computers or any other technology. This is felt like it is not enough for the children in school and in the blog it also talks about a meeting that will be taken place by a presenter on improving this. A lot of work kids do in school aren't making a connection to kids particulary because of worksheets or handouts.

This relates to me because I think that in school a lot of my classes never make good use of the great technology that could be connected to learning. There are so many ways that we can learn from, such as: writing, blogging, typing, reading/analyzing, etc. I think the more different new ways we use, the more we will learn. This blog reminded me of one of my other PLN'S that was called "Pushing Writing Literacy", because it basically summarized the many different new ways we can learn from. In our english class, I think that doing things on our laptops, really helps me personally to learn; I never knew we could do so much that could be related to our learning. And from this, I have learned many new forms of writing and comprehending. New things are always a great additional learning to all of my classes.

No comments: