Tuesday, November 27, 2007

PLN 22- Praying mom wins $9 million in Lotto

I was looking through the Denver Post blog when I saw an article that caught my attention. This article is called Praying mom wins $9 million in Lotto. This article is about a depressed 50 yr. old single mother of two sons, almost losing her home due to foreclosure, wins a $9 million lottery. This praying mother bought her ticket from Safeway. She is going to use her money wisely by paying off her mortgage home, paying for her sons' colleges to finish off and other school loans, and lending a hand for her extended family who live in the Philippines.

I thought this was incredible that this woman was on the verge of losing her home, suddenly wins a lot of money because of her prayers. This relates to Peace Like a River because of the miracles we have been talking about. Some people believe in miracles, others would believe in luck. In my opinion, I think this was a miracle that happened to the woman. In my own personal religious views, I am a Christian, and I believe prayer is powerful. Other people could just believe this was out of pure luck.

In the world, miracles don't occur this often. People rarely see news articles based on miracles like this. The littlest, most powerful things can be defined as a miracle.

No comments: