Thursday, October 25, 2007

PLN 13- Pushing Writing Literacy

I read an article called Pushing Writing Literacy by Will Richardson. In this article, I read about all the different types of writing there are and how they are taught to students. There is blogging, commenting, writing articles or essays, IM or Gmail, and writing in video and audio. Blogging helps you reflect on whatever you are reading and gets you to write out a summarization and understanding. Writing essays or articles is a original type of writing. IM is a conversation type of literacy. There are many different and new things taught to students in classrooms, especially today a lot comes from technology.

I thought that many new styles and forms of things are taught to students are essential and important for them to be able to grasp the new concept of what is being taught to them. There are the many different ways to communicate in writing but it is good for students to learn in new ways, it could help them in different areas of writing depending which strategy they choose to do.

"Makes me wonder, with all of the different ways in which I write, all of
the different audiences I write for, all of the different ways I attempt to
communicate and engage in conversations and connections around my ideas, it
makes me wonder whether we’ll ever see these many modes of writing as important
enough to teach our kids."

No comments: