Monday, October 29, 2007

PLN 15- A Conversation About Failure

I recently read an article by Dave titled A Conversation About Failure. In this article it is about Henry Winkler, a director, producer, and author. He had been a speaker for a New York State School Board’s Association conference in NYC on his own experiences and how it relates to many kids today. Henry has dyslexia, a learning disability in reading and writing. Kids have those disabilities today that deals with learning and they face challenges with barely any attention. But in this NCLB group, attention is brought onto the kids and they start to achieve much more. This program tries to brings out more of the children's focuses and talent.

This relates to me because sometimes failures can bring me down very low. The only thing that can keep myself going is if I know that I need to keep trying. Life leads to failure, but when i'm down, I need to bring myself back up; its the only way I can learn until an achievement is made.

To the world, many students in high school drop out because they feel as if they are unable to learn because of disabilities. Those hard things cannot block the way of success. People can give up easily but striving on will be the only way to keep going at it and trying, no matter how difficult it can be.

No comments: