Thursday, October 25, 2007

PLN 14- Learning From The Kids

I read an article called Learning From The Kids by Will Richardson. In this article it talks about how he spends a couple of hours with 11th grade students out of Vancouver and being part of what they do. He learns alot from these students about myspace, facebook, and youtube. He learns that they keep safe online on those websites. He learns about one of the student's that puts her own made videos onto youtube. Will Richardson had an experience of what they do and interacted with them.

I think it would be a good idea for adults to get an understanding of what our age group goes through and does. It helps them see an experience of what we do daily, and can help them engage in our conversations more. There are many things adults don't understand that we do, that is why we have the chance to teach them about it and about our technology and other things today. Adults can learn just as much as we do everyday.

"At the end of the two hours, I was really sad it was over. I asked (halfway
begged) them to make me a part of their networks, because I need some young folk
in my learning community. Not sure if they’ll let me know how things roll out
for them, but for one day, at least, I hope they learned as much as I did."

No comments: