Monday, October 1, 2007

PLN 7- My Flickr Conundrum

I read the article My Flickr Conundrum by Will Richardson and this article talks about the pictures he took while he was on a trip in Australia. He had taken about 400 pictures, mostly of his kids. He pointed out that there could be better pictures found elsewhere then his own shots, and he asked, "Why shouldn’t I just use those to capture my memories?" My own answer to his question would be that it is so essential to capture your own very picture of all the places you have visited, or any breath-taking scenery you may see.

What I find that matters is that someone's own picture is so much better then anybody else's or any other you could find online. A taken picture is very special that is able to have it's own voice and says something about that memory. Pictures to me are so important because I absolutely just love to take pictures everywhere I go even if it is an ordinary everyday sunset or like a blue sky without a cloud in sight. In the world, many photographers see taking pictures as a form of art and I agree, but those shots have meanings to them. Just one camera can capture the memories anywhere you go, and helps you remember that one special trip or day.

This relates to me because I am very into taking pictures and I love to do it. Everytime, I see a pretty view I am dying to take a picture of it; and when I don't have my camera with me I get so mad at myself about it. It is like I want to try to save it and don't want it to go away.

No comments: